Here is what you need to know if you’re still deciding whether to download the app or if you already have it, but wonder what it has to offer:
- You can view all active alerts across the nation.
Stay informed about what is happening in places outside of your community.
- You can listen to the audio message attached to each alert by tapping the alert and pressing the play button in the upper right hand corner.
If you have family in another region of the United States or you’re planning to travel to a different state, you’ll be able to listen to the alerts that affect your loved ones or that will soon affect you during travel.
- The CodeRED Mobile Alert app app is geo-aware and will send you notifications based on your location.
If you travel through a CodeRED client-community, you’ll get alerts from that area even if you are not a resident.
- You can set a warning radius up to 10 miles on iPhones and 25 miles on Androids.
Since notifications are location-based, you can adjust the radius to get the most relevant alerts.
- Notifications from the area you are in will pop up on your screen automatically like a text message or Facebook notification.
You don’t have to open the app in order to know what it going on in your community. Any alert that could directly affect you within your set radius will automatically pop up on your screen.
- You don’t need to live in a CodeRED client-community to use the app or receive alerts.
ECN has an exclusive, more than a decade long partnership with the agency A Child Is Missing (ACIM), who launches notifications for missing children and at risk adults all over the country. So, even if your City doesn’t currently utilize CodeRED for their emergency notification system, you may receive ACIM notifications if there is a missing child in your area.
- It comes with a 30-day trial of CodeRED Weather Warning.
Users who are traveling in the United States will be alerted automatically if they are in the direct path of a severe thunderstorm, tornado or flash flood as warnings are issued by the National Weather Service. After 30 days, the cost of continuing the CodeRED Weather Warning service is only $4.99 a year.
- If you choose not to purchase the CodeRED Weather Warning you will still receive community and missing children alerts for free.
The app itself is completely free and will always offer community alerts at no cost. The CodeRED Weather Warning is considered an upgrade to the app.
- If you have CodeRED Weather Warning, you will have the ability to select the types of weather notifications you would like to receive by customizing the app based on your preferences.
If you are a boater, marine warnings may be very useful for you while you’re out on the water. Or, if you live in an area prone to tornadoes, you want to make sure you have the severe weather option on.
- The ECN’s Mobile Software Team is available 24/7 to help resolve any issues or answer questions regarding the app. Just call 866-939-0911.