Mass notification software: it’s not just for emergencies!
Not the catchiest bumper sticker, perhaps, but the sentiment is true. Most people associate notification with emergency alerting and nothing else. But did you know mass notification can do much more than that?
Here are 20 ways to get more out of a tool you probably already have.
IT & Helpdesk
- Security breaches: Send an automated alert to all on-call IT staff for help, and escalate to senior managers if needed.
- ITSM notifications: Use automated maintenance reminders to ensure that your IT staff act before systems lag.
- Helpdesk tickets: Track tickets to resolution, notifying requesters every step of the way.
- Password requests: Set automatic alerts as auto-responder for password resets and retrieval.
Management & Business Continuity
- Commendations: Have the CEO send a voice notification to everyone in the company to recognize a significant milestone.
- Urgent meetings: Alert executives to join a conference call bridge to discuss developing issues.
Building evacuations: Send alerts by phone, email and SMS to notify and guide employees.
Weather situations: Alert staff that may be affected by adverse weather, directing them to take personal and business precautions.
Sales & Marketing
- Pricing updates: Alert sales teams across the country with price and product changes—in minutes, not hours or days.
- Sales numbers: Make sure managers get sales numbers fast by sending alerts to the team and tracking responses in a report.
- Promotions: Plug limited-time offers, creating irresistible urgency.
- RSVPs: Follow up on invitations to special events with an alert requesting immediate response.
Facilities & Human Resources
- Facility issues: Send alerts when repairs mean water may be off or escalators are out of service.
Isolated incidents: Alert only the people on a specific floor or wing if local trouble occurs.
- Crisis response: Use prepared alerts to simultaneously reach staff and first responders in the midst of an emergency.
- All-staff updates: Tell staff what they need to know about benefits changes, all-staff events and more.
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
- Product recalls: Instantly send alerts to all distributors, minimizing liability and reducing risk to consumers.
- Mass absenteeism: Bring in backup workers in case of labor unrest or other disruption.
- Equipment failure: Notify mechanics with a mass alert when production shuts down.
- Shipment tracking: Alert delivery recipients by phone, SMS, fax and email.
Looking for the best emergency notification system? Download the Automated Notification System RFP Template.