|Title||Designer, User Experience|
OnSolve is the largest global provider of SaaS-based critical communication solutions for enterprise, SMB, and government customers. The company’s cloud-based software communications platform provides seamless and easy-to-deploy solutions for the exchange of critical information among organizations, their people, devices and external entities, with use cases designed to save lives, enhance revenue, and reduce costs.
OnSolve solutions include MIR3®, the most comprehensive solution available for large enterprises and federal agencies seeking to manage critical events or natural disasters effectively via the transmission of critical information and instructions. The company’s CodeRED® solution provides high-speed notification services capable of reaching millions of people in minutes, applying its mission critical capabilities to government, utilities, healthcare and other markets. In addition, the company recently acquired Send Word Now’s emergency notification system, increasing its enterprise offerings across all industries. Other solutions offered include SmartNotice® and TelAlert® for specific use cases, or for companies with less complex notification requirements.
OnSolve is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by law.
The User Experience Designer will work collaboratively with the Product and Engineering teams to help craft the next generation of Onsolve software. This individual must draw from a deep understanding of mobile, web and desktop design standards and practices to innovate and create amazing user experiences for our solutions. The Designer must think strategically, collaborate across disciplines, be self-driven, and execute with an eye for detail. The ideal candidate enjoys working with other team members to solve complex user/business problems and can easily adapt and grow within a fast-paced and innovative environment. He/she must have a passion for design, an outstanding set of user experience design skills, and a desire to execute with excellence. Responsibilities include research of user behavior within the system, competition, and potential new features as well as being a hands-on lead for designing industry leading intuitive software.
Essential Job Functions
- Create design deliverables such as wireframes, mockups, specifications, process flows, mood boards, user personas, icons, and prototypes
- Participate in regular design reviews and be ready to clearly rationalize and justify design work
- Create innovative design concepts based on a deep understanding of user needs and business objectives; willingness to try new approaches and iterate
- Work with and/or develop design resources such as templates, Sketch symbols, icon libraries, reusable UI components, style guides, design standards, and brand standards
- Work in an agile environment providing design communication and assets for the team
- Proven expertise in Sketch App and InVision
- Bachelor’s Degree or minimum of equivalent work experience of 2-3 years in interaction design, HCI, graphic design, visual design, industrial design, computer graphics, digital media design, or a related field
- Proficient in the latest design practices and tools
- Customer interaction and research experience
- Must be able to work autonomously without a lot of day-to-day direction
- Experience working with Atlassian’s JIRA or similar ticketing system
- Work with user research and usability tests
- Exceptional organizational and problem solving/analytical skills
- Estimate effort, plan schedules and manage time effectively
- Support implementation by responding to day-to-day questions from developers, product managers, and stakeholders
- Understand technical, business, and time limitations, and design within these constraints
- Experience creating, managing, and implementing design style systems and style guides
Compensation & Benefits
- Base salary
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life and additional supplemental insurance
- Paid time off and personal days
- Paid holidays
Are you ready to join the team? Click here to apply online.