|Title||Director/Manager of Proposal Management|
|Reports to||Chief Marketing Officer|
OnSolve is the largest global provider of SaaS-based critical communication solutions for enterprise, SMB, and government customers. The company’s cloud-based software communications platform provides seamless and easy-to-deploy solutions for the exchange of critical information among organizations, their people, devices and external entities, with use cases designed to save lives, enhance revenue, and reduce costs.
OnSolve solutions include MIR3®, the most comprehensive solution available for large enterprises and federal agencies seeking to manage critical events or natural disasters effectively via the transmission of critical information and instructions. The company’s CodeRED® solution provides high-speed notification services capable of reaching millions of people in minutes, applying its mission critical capabilities to government, utilities, healthcare and other markets. In addition, the company recently acquired Send Word Now’s emergency notification system, increasing its enterprise offerings across all industries. Other solutions offered include SmartNotice® and TelAlert® for specific use cases, or for companies with less complex notification requirements.
OnSolve is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by law.
The Director of Proposal Management will oversee all proposal activities (RFI, RFP, RFQ, etc.), including management of proposal personnel, managing schedules and deadlines, developing the compliance matrix, and monitoring the progress of all proposals. This individual will work closely with Sales, Operations, Security, Marketing and other internal resources to develop and maintain compelling and clear product content, security and compliance details, pricing information, and more.
Responsibilities include the creation and implementation of all necessary proposal procedures and processes, which involves interpretation of solicitation requirements for document organization and production, as well as maintaining accurate and timely communications regarding document status, proposal team meetings, and formal reviews. The Director of Proposal Management will also lead development and maintenance of proposal content libraries within Loopio, SharePoint, and other sources of information. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines.
- Oversee the proposal team and provide ongoing support and training of proposal writing efforts.
- Assign proposal personnel to customer-facing projects (RFI, RFP, RFQ, etc.)
- Coordinate and lead proposal kickoff meetings as needed, and work collaboratively to help teams. follow industry best practices for proposal development.
- Deliver compliant, professionally produced proposals within customer defined timeframes.
- Coordinate and review / edit proposal input from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, finance, legal, engineering / development, and project delivery.
- Document template management in line with company branding.
- Adhere to file structure, templates, archive, and back-up procedures for all proposal materials while establishing electronic proposal file access and tracking protocols for documentation.
- Assemble drafts providing review, formatting, and editing support.
- Ensure final formatting and layout of proposals in preparation for production, in line with company branding.
- Participate in the development and review of proposal strategies and themes, and manage the development of a defined proposal process
- Assist in analyzing the RFP/bid requirements against the proposal outline to ensure both compliance and responsiveness to the customer’s issues and needs
- Conduct regular proposal progress status meetings and maintain the proposal schedule
- Direct writing/editing/rewriting efforts, as needed
- Write, edit and proofread strategic proposal content in the proposal content management system and database library (Loopio)
- Manage relationships with subject matter experts (SMEs) and other business partners to proactively ensure the quality and accuracy of content
- Write content or edit material provided by subject matter experts and/or writing contributors
- Interface with SMEs at every level of the organization as part of the content review process
- Create new proposal documents as required to support evolving business and electronic proposal strategy changes
- Ensure content / database integrity as well as appropriate marketing language and overall messaging
- Support reporting and activities that track data and measure productivity and quality
- Other reasonable and normal duties associated with the Director of Proposal Management position, as directed by the Chief Marketing Officer.
Candidate must have proven ability in planning, producing, and delivering compliant proposals within a complex business environment. The Director of Proposal Management will be experienced in scheduling and running proposal kick-off meetings, facilitating key review meetings / final document review, documenting production and delivery of the completed proposal, and coordinating and updating a content library like Loopio. Management experience of a proposal team is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7 years of experience in proposal development; preference for experience with Software-as-a-Service organizations
- Proposal management and automation software (Loopio or similar) experience
- Experience with entire proposal development process, including the demonstrated ability to produce compliant, responsive, and compelling proposals
- Ability to interact collaboratively with sales account executives and business development managers, forging effective relationships across customer teams
- Ability to communicate and influence at a senior level
- Ability to coach sales teams and subject matter experts in persuasive writing and proposal best practices
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office including Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel, as well as Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to work with subject matter experts and leadership to develop non-technical sections of the proposal content including past performance, staffing, resumes, and executive summary
- Superb organizational, verbal, and written communications skills
- Strong time management / prioritization skills
- Strong written English language skills with a focus on strategic development
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience as a team lead or other supervisory role a plus
- Certified to APMP Foundation / Practitioner Level a plus
- Shipley training or experience a plus
Compensation & Benefits
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life and additional supplemental insurance
- Paid time off and personal days
- Paid holidays
Are you ready to join the team? Click here to apply online.