|Title||Quality Assurance Engineer|
|Reports to||Director of Software Engineering|
|Location||Ormond Beach, FL|
OnSolve is the largest global provider of SaaS-based critical communication solutions for enterprise, SMB, and government customers. The company’s cloud-based software communications platform provides seamless and easy-to-deploy solutions for the exchange of critical information among organizations, their people, devices and external entities, with use cases designed to save lives, enhance revenue, and reduce costs.
OnSolve solutions include MIR3®, the most comprehensive solution available for large enterprises and federal agencies seeking to manage critical events or natural disasters effectively via the transmission of critical information and instructions. The company’s CodeRED® solution provides high-speed notification services capable of reaching millions of people in minutes, applying its mission critical capabilities to government, utilities, healthcare and other markets. In addition, the company recently acquired Send Word Now’s emergency notification system, increasing its enterprise offerings across all industries. Other solutions offered include SmartNotice® and TelAlert® for specific use cases, or for companies with less complex notification requirements.
OnSolve is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by law.
This Quality Assurance Engineer will work with our software engineering team performing test execution, defect management, reporting defect remediation, test planning and test case/script writing. You will be asked to help automate testing processes, create statistical reporting and ensure our customers are getting defect free results.
Essential Job Functions
- Review new or modified software, including documentation, diagram and flow chart, to determine if a program will perform according to user requests and standards and that they conform to guidelines.
- Define test methods and create test plans for new or updated software projects to determine if the software will perform accurately and reliably based on documented requirements.
- Be able to recommend design improvements or corrections to engineers and or product development throughout the development process.
- Execute regression tests, functional tests and data tests to determine weaknesses in software code and create reports of these tests.
- Report, track and determine priority of reported bugs promoting quality achievement and performance improvement
- Participate in project meetings as assigned and daily scrums of project team.
- Other duties as assigned
- Preferred 1-3 years QA / testing experience
- Experience testing web GUI, API’s and mobile applications.
- Create and execute SQL queries, knowledge of C# and or Java is considered a plus
- Experience making API calls and parsing the JSON format
- Knowledge of Black box and white box testing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Organized and detail-oriented; able to effectively perform multiple/concurrent tasks within deadlines within a dynamic environment
- Ability to translate requirements and troubleshoot issues
- Experience with version controls and repositories (GIT/BitBucket, SVN, Mecurial)
- Automated testing and scripting experience (Selenium, Appium, UFT/QTP, Katalon Studio, Ranorex, LISA DevTest, TestComplete, PerfectoMobile or other automation frameworks)
- Familiarity with multiple web browsers (versions should include current and two versions prior) including IE, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- Familiarity with multiple mobile devices (iOS and Android)
- Equally comfortable with both Windows and OS
Compensation & Benefits
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life and additional supplemental insurance
- Paid time off and personal days
- Paid holidays
Are you ready to join the team? Click here to apply online.