Geo-targeted notification for emergency situationsNot all emergencies or events are widespread, and in many cases, sounding the alarm across a broad area when only a specific group needs to be alerted can do more harm than good.
For instance, a business that is located on the Gulf Coast may want to alert local facilities of a developing hurricane, but may not want to distract operations with frequent alerts in non-threatened areas. Larger corporations that have offices in many locations must be able to target alerts to people in specific zones for outage announcements, pandemic alerts, or to initiate evacuations.
The MIR3 GIS solution provides:
- Familiar Google Maps format with easy-to-use features like full zoom and panning.
- Intuitive map selection tools that make it easy to determine the region of impact and the necessary reach for an alert
- Map groups that help select recipients based on location
- Map reports to track the distribution of responses as they are received
- Access to public or proprietary overlays that show weather patterns, topography, vegetation, underground pipeline systems, flood plains, and more