A secure private travel company sought to manage the vast amounts of information about threats that could potentially impact their expanding high-profile clientele.
Private Travel Company Keeps Clients Safe and Informed Every Step of Their Journey
by eliminating manual compilation of risk reports
about travel interruptions and alternative options
of potential incidents averted every year
A secure private travel company coordinates and manages hundreds of thousands of travel arrangements for executives, high-profile individuals and teams. The company must assess current and potential risk in close proximity to a client’s current and future location.
Initially, employees had to manually gather risk data, such as information about evolving natural disasters, severe weather, rising COVID-19 cases or planned civil unrest, and correlate those risks to a client’s current or future location to ensure intelligence reports accurately depicted potential associated risk. As the company grew, its existing risk intelligence gathering process was inadequate to manage the vast amounts of information about threats that could potentially impact their expanding clientele. Employees had to manually sift through alerts, and this tedious, inefficient process made ongoing, real-time monitoring of trip progression nearly impossible.
The company needed a way to quickly identify which critical events could impact each client’s travel itinerary or executive protection details and quickly assess those risks based on the potential threat landscape. Instead of receiving thousands of alerts about evolving risk, the company needed a fast, reliable method for delivering targeted risk information to the right people in a timely manner.
The company turned to OnSolve Risk Intelligence to keep clients safe and informed of potential risk, no matter their location. By seamlessly transmitting risk intelligence notifications from OnSolve into its existing secure travel communications system, employees, contractors and clients receive travel details and risk updates in one place. OnSolve’s strong, validated filtering capabilities enable the company to isolate only the critical events that could potentially impact a client’s current or planned location, so they do not receive irrelevant notifications.
Prior to a trip, the company also uses OnSolve Risk Intelligence to view summarized travel bans and advisories for any country, state or region, government-mandated restrictions, country risk ratings and recent incident reports. As the trip progresses, continuous monitoring detects any new critical events that could impact a client.
OnSolve Risk Intelligence has enabled the company to earn deeper trust from clients by delivering the highest level of service and security, as well as realize tangible business benefits:
- Time and cost savings by eliminating manual compilation of risk reports
- Clients informed quickly about travel interruptions and alternative options
- Greater number of potential incidents averted every year
Here are a few real-world snapshots:
- Company alerted client of an IED detonation in South America before the general public was aware. Security teams were able to avoid the area.
- Police protests triggered disruptions at airport in Mexico City, which resulted in multiple road closures. Company advised client of an alternate route.
- A brush fire in California prompted evacuations. Even though the trip was cancelled due to this event, the company determined the principal’s residence was in close proximity and notified the client’s representative.
- COVID-related travel restrictions resulted in a curfew in the Bahamas for a period of time. Company notified its client in-country of the curfew and provided guidance.
- An early-morning shooting near a client’s office resulted in road closures in San Francisco. Company quickly notified the client, who was en route to the office and able to consider an alternate road based on this timely data.