Change is a constant in a digital world — even when it comes to physical threats to your organization. In fact, the risk landscape is evolving both online and off, resulting in a complex, interconnected web of threats that can have a ripple effect on an organization’s people and assets.
Humans simply can no longer compete with the speed at which intelligent software receives, collects and analyzes information. While many companies have begun to take advantage of new cloud-based technology for logistics, workflow and customer analysis, it can sometimes feel like you’re stuck using outdated solutions.
Organizations and their leadership must recognize the importance of using technology to mitigate and communicate about threats that might deliver serious physical or financial harm. It’s time to empower security, business continuity and risk teams with a centralized platform engineered specifically for critical event management.
The Value of Moving to the Cloud
In recent years, a dispersed workforce and endless amounts of data have increased the need for centralized platforms, and cloud technology has proven to be the solution for many business applications. Organizations that operate efficiently use cloud-based technology for their logistics, marketing, customer relationship management (CRM), accounting, finance, human resource (HR) and product teams.
As software as a service (SaaS) products, cloud platforms provide consistent value across the board, including:
- Centralized data management
- One login with a single source of truth
- Improved security
- Increased collaboration and efficiency
- Reduced costs
- Strong vendor relationship
The list goes on.
Why shouldn’t other departments enjoy the same benefits? Wouldn’t physical security, information technology (IT), risk analysis and global security operations center (GSOC) benefit just as much and become more efficient with the use of a centralized platform?
No organization is immune to emergencies. The frequency and severity of events are increasing. It’s really a matter of when, not if, your organization will have to overcome a critical event. The ability to get verified intelligence faster to communicate in real time improves outcomes and helps mitigate threats that pose serious physical and/or financial harm to your people and operations.
A Unified Solution for Risk, People and Assets
The OnSolve Platform for Critical Event Management connects data, visualization, interaction and engagement across an entire suite of products designed to help organizations handle critical events. Where once security managers would have to switch between multiple programs to monitor risks, send alerts and manage responses, the OnSolve Platform provides a single interface to seamlessly handle critical events. Organizations can monitor and manage dynamically shifting threats that pose the risk of becoming a critical event and quickly inform customers, employees and stakeholders.
The OnSolve Platform provides organizations with a streamlined, unified and integrated experience that delivers far-reaching value, including:
- Centralized Data Management: Having your data in one centralized location helps avoid the mess of dealing with multiple sets on different systems where information can get outdated quickly. With the OnSolve Platform, you access your data from the same interface that helps you understand how your people and assets will be impacted by critical events at any given time, and then communicate the information. Organizations are able to act against threats faster and more efficiently.
- Single Source of Truth and One Login: You can receive, collect and analyze data from a centralized dashboard you can access via one login. Eliminating the need to switch between multiple programs improves the effectiveness, safety and speed of operations and responses to potentially stressful circumstances.
- Improved Security: We live in a time where security breaches are a constant threat. Relying on multiple vendors with different security certifications can make you subject to vulnerabilities. By partnering with OnSolve, you ensure the same level of platform security will be applied across all devices.
- Increased Collaboration and Efficiency: From small security teams to large security operations centers, real-time alerts and insights enable organizations to identify and verify critical events faster, analyze business impacts and activate a communications response across the organization. This real-time collaboration accelerates response times and can help reduce the impact on people, assets and business continuity.
- Reduced Costs: Managing multiple subscriptions and systems from different vendors is expensive, and it inhibits scalability. Instead, handling operations from a centralized and open platform enables saving costs with greater levels of efficiency, deeper insight, better communication and empowered decision-making. Business leaders and management can make better decisions and avoid costly downtime.
- Scalability: Having a system that can grow with your team is critical. The OnSolve Platform helps operations get applications up and running faster, while reducing onsite implementation and management costs. OnSolve supports internal IT teams through implementation, configuring the platform to your needs and goals.
- Strong Vendor Relationship: Dealing with multiple software vendors and platforms can be inefficient and complicated. Using the OnSolve Platform across your enterprise enables you to develop a deeper, lasting relationship with a vendor that fully understands your needs.
What Else Can a Centralized Critical Event Management Platform Do?
The OnSolve Platform helps organizations manage and monitor critical events and routine operations, protecting people and assets. Communication and incident management capabilities backed by a powerful AI-driven engine and analyst-vetted data ensure the information you receive is accurate and fast.
The Platform’s ability to expedite risk detection and analysis with the organization’s data and communicate information quickly makes it easier for security leaders to make informed decisions on the best course of action. Essentially, this means enabling faster response times, shorter recovery periods and consistent actions while improving organizational and operational stability. The Platform gives you more time to react and more confidence in your execution. Can you afford not to keep your stakeholders safe, informed, assured and productive when it matters most?