Why Use a Crisis Management Platform from OnSolve?
During critical events, resilient organizations leverage their crisis management system to resume peak performance with minimal disruption. The OnSolve Platform for Critical Event Management strengthens resilience and enables organizations to not just survive, but thrive before, during and after a crisis.
Risk Intelligence: Actionable Intelligence. Faster Response.
- Bypass inefficient human analysis using an AI engine.
- Filter out irrelevant data to make informed, proactive decisions.
- Get a 360-degree view of the impact of critical events on your organization.
Critical Communications: Relevant Information. Informed Decisions.
- Communicate faster to the right people on any device.
- Target alerts to people based on their exact location.
- Improve response times with message templates.
Incident Management: User-Friendly Interface. Anywhere Activation.
- Quickly activate crisis response plans and collaborate in real time.
- Deliver customized incident plans and task assignments to ensure appropriate action.
- Access business continuity plans anywhere via a mobile app.
8 Steps for Creating a
Crisis Communications Plan
When a threat emerges, having the right processes and systems in place will help you move faster to mitigate risk. Follow these steps for more effective crisis management.
What Is Crisis Management?
What Is Crisis Management?
A crisis is an unexpected and sudden event that disturbs an organization and its stakeholders, including employees and external clients. The process of handling such a disruption in organizational culture is called crisis management. For example: A tornado with wind speeds of 75 miles per hour touches down, uprooting trees, damaging buildings, and causing systems to go down. Shortly after, roads are blocked, flooding begins, and fires start to spread. In a blink of an eye, everything has changed. *This isn’t the same as risk management. While risk management involves planning for events that might occur in the future, crisis management involves reacting to negative events during and after they have actually occurred.
Why Is Crisis Management Important?
Ultimately, crisis management is about reducing damages to achieve better outcomes for the organization. This saves time, money and effort while nurturing continuous improvement. Crisis management integrates proactive threat awareness, cross-functional coordination and communication flows, integrated technology and systems, and post-event analysis. From employees to executives to vendors in your supply chain, it’s vital that everyone understand their role and responsibilities during a crisis. Keeping everyone focused helps prevent an external calamity from turning into internal chaos. This, in turn, stops the spread of fear and uncertainty among all stakeholders. Remember, demonstrating your organization’s ability to adapt and overcome during emergencies boosts both self-efficacy among your staff and customer confidence in your brand. When done well, effective crisis management leads to a quicker mean time to recovery and delivers more thorough protection of your people, places and property. All of this means a better bottom line.
What Is a Crisis Management System?
To make a measurable difference during critical events, a cohesive crisis management system should include crisis management software and crisis management services that seamlessly integrate. Reduced damages, faster recovery time and improved business continuity are the goals. During disasters, having a well-developed plan with clearly delineated steps in place to activate it can be the difference between failure and success. A comprehensive system is comprised of the technology and infrastructure that enact and support your crisis management plan. It also serves as a means of communicating with stakeholders, to ensure everyone is informed and stays on the same page.
What Are the Benefits of a Crisis Management System?
The benefits of a unified solution are faster response times, shorter recovery periods and consistent actions that ultimately drive better outcomes. Strengthening organizational resilience is the name of the game. OnSolve makes it happen via:
- Speed: Bypass the limitations of human analysis with AI that delivers faster, more accurate communications to facilitate a rapid response.
- Relevance: Filter out irrelevant data to drive informed, proactive decisions and deliver targeted alerts that activate your plans and achieve the right outcomes.
- Usability: See a comprehensive overview of your threat landscape and share your business continuity plan with just a click, from anywhere, any time.
What Are Best Practices for Crisis Management?
Proactivity is key. Crisis management enables organizations to:
- Devise strategies to come out of uncertain conditions and decide on future courses of action.
- Recognize the early signs of a crisis, warn employees of potential consequences and take precautions to mitigate the resulting damages.
- Identify the activities and processes that managers and employees can utilize to analyze and understand events which might lead to crisis and uncertainty.
- Respond effectively to changes in the organization culture.
- Coordinate between various departments to overcome emergency situations.
- Protect your reputation by practicing proactive transparency in all media relations.
What Role Does OnSolve Play in Crisis Management?
OnSolve strengthens crisis management, enabling organizations to swiftly react to negative disruption and thrive before and after a crisis. Resilient organizations resume peak performance with minimal disruption thanks to essential crisis management features and functionality. The OnSolve Platform for Critical Event Management is the technology that brings all of this together. The Platform aligns resources to proactively identify and analyze threats, conduct crisis communications management with stakeholders and activate response teams according to business plans and strategy. Now organizations can detect, act and recover during critical events.
- OnSolve delivers the right data, quickly and accurately.
- OnSolve filters out the noise to deliver actionable intelligence.
- OnSolve gives the right people visibility, anywhere and anytime.
What Sets the OnSolve Platform for Effective Crisis Management apart?
Our platform delivers the right information to the right people at the right time. When every minute counts you gain the advantage of more time to react and greater confidence in your actions. This is what sets OnSolve apart in the market and it’s the reason why customers choose us:
Contextual Artificial Intelligence
AI enables constant event monitoring and detection and initiates context-driven alerts specific to an organization’s assets, expediting action in the event of a crisis.
Human-validated, Trusted Data Sources
Thousands of structured and unstructured global data sources are individually assessed by data scientists and leveraged to more credibly detect threats tied to your assets.
Dynamic Visualization and Customization
Impact visualization based on custom filters and advanced asset tracking evolve as critical events unfold for the most up-to-date information on only the critical events that matter most to an organization.
Open Platform for Integrations
A robust set of APIs allows integrations not only to synchronize contact data, but to bring alerting functionality to other business systems. This allows organizations to integrate with any solution on the market.
Geo-targeted Precision Alerting
Location-based GIS alerting means organizations can precisely target their recipients and make sure the right people receive the right information at the right time. Real-time GPS coordinates and targeted contact groups make it happen easily.
Seamless integration brings automated alerts to key business processes and removes manual burdens, making organizations more efficient and improving business resiliency.
Accessibility to Business Continuity Plans
Immediately access plans from any mobile device, so you can activate, automate or assign procedure tasks to team members. Update and easily distribute interactive responses to team members as an incident unfolds.
Rapid Unification of Response Teams
Leverage real-time command and control from anywhere to mobilize response teams instantly. Your entire team stays synchronized across all devices via our highly secure, always available SaaS app.
Compliance and Performance Audit Trails
A post-event, chronological audit trail provides immediate documentation and accountability for rapid post-event review of the actual actions taken. Ensures consistent compliance and performance for standard procedures and everyday emergencies.