Why Use the OnSolve® Platform for Critical Event Management?
Incidents can occur in the blink of an eye. Organizations need state-of-the-art technology on their side to effectively anticipate, prepare, respond and adapt. Survival isn’t enough anymore – now is the time to thrive and prosper.
Risk Intelligence: Rapid. Relevant. Actionable.
The quality of information and the speed at which you receive it is key to your ability to take decisive action during a critical event. OnSolve Risk Intelligence prioritizes the use of trusted, human-validated data sources in its AI engine to ensure you can mitigate risk and protect your most valuable assets whenever a crisis strikes.
Critical Communications: Integrated. Informed. Robust.
An open platform enables organizations not only to synchronize contact data, but to combine alerting functionality with other existing business systems. This means you can integrate with any solution out there on the market. It also removes manual burdens, thereby improving efficiency and organizational resilience.
Incident Management: Customized. Collaborative. Effortless.
Intuitive emergency response plans and recovery procedures minimize downtime and mitigate disruptions. Effectively rally emergency teams, no matter where or when an event occurs. Access business continuity plans from anywhere via the mobile app. Improve future responses by reviewing the built-in audit trail.
Critical Event Management 101 for Business Continuity Leaders
Learn how effective CEM can help you further business continuity goals, manage risk more proactively and strengthen organizational resilience.
What Is Critical Event Management?
What Is Critical Event Management?
A critical event is a disruptive incident which poses serious risk or threat to assets and/or people. Critical event management (CEM) includes the resources, tactics and organizational alignment that facilitates effective risk mitigation and incident response before, during and after a crisis. Done well, effective critical event management promotes stronger organizational resilience. Its components enable continuous improvement through the following elements:
- Proactive threat awareness
- Cross-functional coordination and communication flows
- Integrated technology and systems
- Post-event analysis
Critical Event Management is not the same thing as business continuity management, risk management, or crisis management. CEM works to enhance and complement those practices. Successful critical event management for business requires a combination of effective proactive tactics and reactive capabilities that align all departments and mitigates negative events before, during and after they have occurred. This is how you ensure future company success.
What Is a Critical Event Management Platform?
Overall, critical event management software gives an organization the capability to manage critical events and protect people, assets and operations. It can complement crisis management software. At a basic level, the platform consists of three elements:
- Risk Intelligence: AI aggregates complex data on any given situation, tracking feeds from thousands of sources, sorting through the noise and then synthesizing and distributing the data so organizations, residents and employees can act on it — in real time.
- Critical Communications: Response teams can now send targeted, time-sensitive notifications to every person they need to reach during a disaster. Once the crisis is over, secure notifications and alerts also help ensure business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Incident Management: These systems accelerate and simplify crisis response. Using a mobile-first platform, they allow response teams to mobilize immediately via real-time visibility and targeted coordination. Secure, interactive instructions are easy to update and distribute. A chronological audit trail of every action taken enables teams to conduct a thorough post-event analysis for future improvements.
Simply put, modern CEM is faster and more accurate than traditional human-only analysis. It takes those basic capabilities and optimizes them by adding a powerful layer of artificial intelligence to risk intelligence and building on a strong foundation of critical communications and incident management. In doing so, modern critical event management software enhances the ability of security teams, travel teams and executives to understand and proactively respond to critical events throughout the entire lifecycle of organizational resilience.
Why Is Critical Event Management Important?
Today we are dealing with an increasingly dispersed, complex and mobile world, a steady rise in the frequency and intensity of critical events and the explosion of available data and data sources. Without the right integrated technology in place, a critical event can pose serious risk to your organization’s future, including people, places, property, revenue, operations, brand reputation and overall continuity. That’s why a platform that combines critical communications, incident management and AI-powered risk intelligence is crucial to stay ahead of disaster. Here are some of the primary functions that critical event management makes possible:
- Devise strategies to prevail during uncertain conditions, as well as decide on future courses of action.
- Recognize the early signs of crisis and warn employees against potential aftermaths while enabling them to take necessary precautions.
- Deliver timely and relevant critical event notifications to coordinate amongst many different departments to overcome emergency situations.
- Facilitate activities and processes that help managers and employees analyze and understand events which may cause uncertainty in the organization.
- Respond effectively to changes in the organizational culture.
What Are the Benefits of Critical Event Management?
Resilient organizations are distinguished by their ability to ensure good things continue to happen for all of their stakeholders despite disaster, while simultaneously resuming peak performance with minimal disruption. Critical event management software enables organizations to achieve that big ask with ease. With its help you’re better equipped to detect, act and recover during critical events to mitigate risk and improve outcomes. It aligns resources across your organization to proactively identify and analyze threats to people, places and property, rapidly communicate with stakeholders and activate response teams according to business strategy. Simply put, critical event management helps organizations achieve better outcomes during a crisis. It enables faster response times, shorter recovery times and consistent actions.
Who Should Use a Critical Event Management Platform?
The answer is everyone:
- Any business that needs to protect the future of the company and the safety of its people, places and property
- Any government agency responsible for keeping the public safe
- Anyone who oversees business continuity, communications strategy or IT security for an organization or government agency
A critical event management platform helps organizations, business leaders, day-to-day system users and response teams ensure the safety and protection that leads to improved outcomes. The technology delivers the most important information quickly, with the irrelevant data automatically filtered out. This way you can make informed decisions and guide effective action. It also provides easy access to response and business continuity plans on any device with a user-friendly interface. More time to react and more confidence in your execution — can you afford not to keep your stakeholders safe, informed, assured and productive?
What Sets the OnSolve Platform for Effective Critical Event Management Apart?
Clear Risk Mitigation Plan
A solid plan with clearly delineated activation steps is the difference between reacting to disaster and accomplishing proactive critical event management. We deliver the technology, processes and digital transformation that informs, assures and protects organizations against dynamic risk.
Speed, Relevance and Usability
These key qualities enable faster response times, shorter recovery times and consistent actions that ultimately drive better outcomes and strengthen organizational resilience.
Best Intelligence and Mobile-first Critical Communications
This combination gives you the ability to mobilize, alert and track people, assets and the event itself as it unfolds, at home or abroad.
Plan and prepare for continuity of operations as well as actively monitor hazards and threats while executing response, recovery and business plans.
Develop a strong relationship between your business continuity management and IT/CEM functions, relative to increasing physical and cyber security threats.
Keep pace using sophisticated technology so you can scale your response during critical events, as the threat landscape becomes more complex.
The intel you receive is context-driven, dynamic and prescriptive by virtue of an AI engine that works hand-in-hand with human validation.
Geo-targeted Precision Alerting
Location-based alerting means you can precisely target recipients through real-time GPS coordinates or by selecting specific pre-created contact groups.
Convene geographically disparate response teams, facilitate file-sharing and communications, and receive a chronological audit trail of all actions taken – without dependency on organizational infrastructure.