Now that 2022 is in our rearview mirror, it’s the perfect time to not only look ahead to our top 2023 predictions, but also take a moment to reflect on the topics and trends that resonated with our blog readers this past year.
In 2022, our readers were most interested in identifying key risks to their organizations and strategies for managing them more effectively—from natural disasters like floods and winter storms, to man-made threats such as civil unrest and crime/violence. This isn’t surprising when you consider insights from a recent report  that identified several key threats organizations face that are rising at an alarming rate, including:
- Crime: Reported shootings increased by 250% from 2020 to 2021.
- Climate Change: Extreme weather and natural disasters were up 47% in 2021. Floods, for example, are occurring in nontraditional areas—in Belgium, floods increased 420% from 2020 to 2021.
- Infrastructure Incidents: Transportation accidents and fire events both increased worldwide by more than 100% from 2020 to 2021.
- Civil Unrest: Protests skyrocketed in 2020 and still slightly increased from 2020 to 2021 (+4%).
Of course, these risks don’t exist in a vacuum; as one risk changes, it can have a ripple effect throughout an organization’s operations. These dynamic risks and their cascading effects can spell disaster for organizations that are unprepared, from supply chain disruption to employee safety. That’s why proactive risk management was also of peak interest in 2022 and will continue to be a priority in 2023.
The following were our top five blogs in 2022. We hope these posts are helpful pieces to revisit—or delve into for the first time—as you think about your goals for 2023.
- 4 Steps to Maximize the Golden Hour with Risk Intelligence
- Know Risk, Know Reward: How Proactive Organizations Can Become Resilient
- The Forecast Is In: It’s Time to Improve Winter Preparedness
- How to Prepare for Man-Made Security Threats in 2022
- Fight Floodwaters with a Modern Critical Event Management Strategy
For more insights, download the CEO Brief: Global Risk Impact Report. Wishing you all the best over the holiday season, and we look forward to providing you with new and helpful content in 2023.
 The CEO Brief: Global Risk Impact Report analyzes the top risks that have occurred as a percentage of all events OnSolve detected from January 1, 2020 – July 1, 2022, that had the potential to impact its customers worldwide. The data in this report was gathered using the OnSolve Risk Intelligence, an AI-powered technology that monitors over 50 risk categories of physical threats across 159 countries in real time. OnSolve Risk Intelligence detected more than 14 million global events, or physical threats, from 2020 to 2022, using AI and analyst-vetted information pulled from data sources that include local fire, police or emergency medical services departments, weather reports and alters form government and non-government, verified sources, federal government agencies such as Federal Bureau Investigation, Department of Homeland Security and other crisis management entities, local, national and international news, and critical event reports from verified social media feeds.